Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Review: Biore Baking Soda Cleansers


I received the new Biore Baking Soda Cleansers last month from Influenster  but I didn't get a chance to test the products out till this month because I was on vacation in Asia! The baking soda line should be on the shelves of most stores by now, I have recently seen it as Shoppers Drugmart! From what I know, there are currently 2 products in the line: a gel like cleanser with exfoliates and a baking soda scrub. For more information you can visit the Biore website!






I think the (gel) cleanser which also contains mild exfoliates does a great job with cleaning out impurities from my skin. I just find it a bit too strong for my skin which is not usually the sensitive type. The exfoliates are not harsh, I find it mild and somewhat gently.  After washing up, the cleanser leaves my face feeling very dried out, along with a stinging sensation (ouch). I think it is due to the baking soda properties it has, that it strips away all of my face oils along with the dirt in my pores. This is not the best cleanser for dry or normal skin types as it is ideally for combination skin. I think I will try it again in the summer when I'm usually more oily, but as for now I will have to stay away until this cold weather goes away.

The baking soda scrub on the other hand it something I really enjoy using! Biore came up with something that unique, and definitely an innovative way to wash the face. I usually pour a bit (marbled sized amount) of the baking soda scrub into the palm of my hands, it feels finely milled. I then add some water and lather it up in my hands before scrubbing it on my face (make sure your face is wet before hand). This wash takes more steps which probably isn't the best thing to use when in a rush, but I like it better than the other baking soda wash. I don't find it as drying as I just add more water to the mix. Once again I think this will be a perfect for the summer use.

If you haven't already joined Influenster, you should definitely check it out! You could also get the opportunity to received a VoxBox with full sized items to test out!  


No comments:

Post a Comment