Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Bleaching & Toning my hair!


I bought 2 boxes of Freshlight bleach from Japan this past summer they were only 500 yen each, its about $15-$18 cad at pacific mall, major price markup! I chose the lightest bleach there was, i believe that there are 3 levels of bleaches, unfortunately I don't have any pictures and I don't know the exact names of the boxes but I', sure there is information about them online!




I was tired of my black hair and wanted to do something "fun" to my hair before I start working in a "professional" (usually requires natural hair colours). Even though fall is around the corner I still love the ombre trend so I decided to try ombre using the Freshlight. The box comes with instructions, pre-measured clear developer, bleaching powder and a color cream. The bleach turns blue when mixed into the developer, The cream is added once all the bleach powder is dissolved.


The results! My hair turned out ok, I'm not in love with it because I wasn't detailed enough and missed some areas of my hair. It is pretty noticeable to me because of the contrast in colors. I don't love the brassy orange/yellow it has so I purchased a toner that was recommend by my friends and the interwebs. I purchased Wella colour charm T10 toner in Pale Blonde, hopefully its gets rid of the orange! I'm giving my hair a break and using hair masks and treatments as the bleach dried out my hair a bit. I will update the post once I toned it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment